Saturday, July 05, 2008

Injured Marine finds support in community

Injured Marine finds support in community

BY CATHERINE TRUMBO • Loveland Connection • July 5, 2008

LOVELAND - Chris Hahn, an Iraq war veteran, and his wife, Rachel, were settling into their lives and new jobs earlier this year when Hahn's leg began to hurt.
Advertisement

Hahn, a Thompson Valley graduate and Marine, served two months in Hit, Iraq, until he was injured the night of Jan. 30, 2006.

Hahn's foot was crushed when the troop carrier he was riding atop as a gunner went off a ravine and flipped on top of him.

"That was the only time I thought I was going to die," he said. "The truck rolled on top of me. It looked like it was going to roll one more time. It rocked toward me, and then it rocked back. I pulled my leg out and crawled back. I was torn up pretty bad. They gave me four shots of morphine."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home