Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Triple Amputee Soldier website (Brian Kolfage)

[from the website]
SrA Brian G. Kolfage Jr, 23 years old, stationed at Goodfellow AFB, TX. Brian was born in Dearborn, Michigan and went to high school in Hawai'i on the island of O'ahu. Brian graduated from Kaimuki High which is in the city of Honolulu in 2000. He is currently receiving care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. Brian has been through 16 agonizing surgeries since he was injured on Sept 11, 2004 and Brian had his final surgery three weeks ago on January 18. All Security Forces units from all commands and civil corporations are soliciting donations to help defray expenses being incurred by Brian's family. Brian is saving up to defray the cost of expensive equipment that is not covered by the VA, which will ease his progression back to normal day to day living. Any little bit you are willing to give will be greatly appreciated.


"You never know when it's coming, until its too late. You never think it's going to be you, another statistic, injured or dead? When that mortar hit me I flew about six feet in the air and landed on my back, conscious, with my body parts splattered all around me. You wont think about death. I didn't. I just wanted to go home and be with my wife, Nikki. I wasn't scared, I was angry that it was me and not knowing what was going to happen to me. I was lying on rocks, I took a look around and saw bloody body parts every where, muscle, fat and burnt skin. It made me more furious. Every doctor told me I wasn't supposed live, but I did. I had a collapsed lung, two above knee amputations, right hand amputation, and some internal injuries. when I woke up I had tubes down my throat, through my ribs into my lungs, in my stomach and numerous tubes where my legs were blown off. What doesn't kill me only makes me that much stronger".

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Emma [LittleFish Web Design] said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home